Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Sometimes you have to walk out of someone's life. You let them go because you have become a burden upon their existence and way of life. You have to let them go so that they can be left alone.

---------

I walked into my house and was greeted by the wailing of a cute little feline. I picked him up, at which he took his head and kept rubbing it against mine. I carried him into my room, and dropped him on the floor, where he began his wailing at me again. I sat on the floor to install an antenna extender on my wireless nic. The little feline walked over and sat in my lap, and then got up and jumped into my computer chair, which at this point was eye level with me on the floor. After installing the antenna I needed to go get the mail, since I have not done so in a few days. I got up, left my room, and grabbed the mail key, while having the little feline trail my side.

Once I grabbed the key, I opened the door to exit. The little feline shot past me, which he is apt to do when he wants out. Nothing surprising. I walked down my entrance way sidewalk and once I got to the road the little feline ran ahead of me, but kept turning his neck and calling at me. I wanted to see if he really was calling for me, or just at me. I followed him a few paces in the road, and when I stopped, he turned his head and yelled again. I followed twice as many paces as before, stopped, then again, he turned his head and yelled at me. I caught on rather quickly, and started to follow him, wondering where he would take me. We made it eight houses down, and the morning paper guy started his trolling through the neighborhood. I saw him coming, looked down at my little feline whose body had tensed up waiting in reaction. I crouched sitting on the my heels, and little feline moved back into the area of my lap and sat on his hind legs. The equivalent of a cat crouching, as I was doing. We watched as the paperboy moved past us without throwing a projectile in our direction. Once he was gone, my little feline continued along his path. We were keeping a quick pace and then we came to the edge of the park by my house.

I wasn't sure where he was going, but thought I would find out. Off the street, they have a border of small pebble rocks that seperate the grass from the road. I was barefoot so I embraced the jagged edges about to pierce my foot. My little feline ran up ahead, onto the grass and turned around and watched me. I made it through the rocks rather well, it was arriving upon the grass that did the damage. I say grass, but dont think of lush thickly dense forest green grass. This stuff is dry, brown, and more like dead twigs and branches than grass. Every few steps I could feel the intrusion of a weed, that as protection grew little tiny bristle thorns, which were now lodged into my feet. But I had to see where my little feline was taking me. We made it mid field, and he stopped and I sat next to him and crouched, where upon he did the same. We sat there for a few moments, then my little feline shot off in a side direction, and I began the pace behind. We zig-zagged a bit, checked out a hat someone had left behind, but little feline walked onto the basketball court. Seperating the court is a layer of rocks, like the layer that seperates the road. I looked forward to walking on the rocks, they seemed so much softer than the surface i was on. Little feline layed down in the dirt rocks, next to the edge of the court, and i took the time to sit on my ass, then moved down to lie on my back. I sat there looking at the hoop, which was right above me, and reminisced about all the time I had spent at this park in my lifetime. Little feline then walked over and layed down next to me. Not too close to throw the wrong impression, but close enough to show companionship. After realizing I was reminiscing, and my leader was a feline, i looked over at him and at that moment, little feline decided to go to the other side of the court and go down a short slope, which meets back up with the stiff grass. I followed little feline down and when I was near his point he shot past me, then turned in the side direction and sprinted and kept repeating this various pattern. I realized then he wanted to bring me to the park. This is where he goes to play at night. Once we were at the park he paid less attention to me following him, but he just wanted to play around me.

After a bit I had my fill, so I started walking back home. I didn't know if little feline was going to follow me home or stay in his playground, but once I was about 15 yards away he sprinted at me and shot past my legs. He would then come to a stop a bit ahead of me and lie down, or crouch, and I would walk passed him, and once I was a bit ahead, he would spring past me again. When I left the park, and stepped on the pavement I could feel all the thorns, and bristles I had acquired on the bottoms of my feet. I kept a nice smooth walking pace, and little feline was always right behind. I walked by the mailbox, grabbed my mail and went home. All the while, little feline was right next to me. He made my journey to get the mail and little longer but all the more enjoyable. Thanks my little feline for the adventure, it was fun while it lasted.

--------

I am planning my traveling for the summer. I have a week trip to San Francisco, then I will spend about three weeks in Oregon with my grandparents. Guillermo will probably not be able to spend that much time, but I have already begun the preparation of doing many of my activities alone. Camping, hiking, seeing the countryside of my nativeland etc. This should be good for me. I guess I'll find out.

I am going to put my two weeks in this coming weekend.

Said goodbye.

Ironically, I had already set the date of May 17th to begin the process of getting my softening body into the chiseled mass that it has and can be.

A lot of things are changing, and they are changing fast. I have a lot to look forward too, less to leave behind, and much more to reflect upon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home