Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Friday night was quite possible the worst night of my life. I saw a show that was perfectly amazing, but other more powerful forces took control that night.

Saturday, Mollie and I went to the desert to go star gazing, after she was done with her show. We ended up about 15 miles south of Ahwatukee, and threw blankets on the roof of her rav4 and laid down for a couple of hours. After we had been there for about an hour and a half, a cop drove by and then decided to stop and see what we were doing. When he got out of his vehicle he asked us if we were just star gazing. The officer then asks us if we knew that we were on an ndian reservation. We didn't know that, but he said it's ok if we stay, but the locals are very territorial of their land, and we should be careful because not so uncommon to be robbed in the area. After the cop left we only stayed for about 25 minutes, then went back home. We came to my house, where we both proceeded to go to sleep.

Sunday night, my niece, her boyfriend, and my friend Jenn, went bowling. When that was done, we went to Bree's house, and chilled and had some drinks. Other friends came over too so we had a good little gathering. I crashed at Bree's house, and woke up feeling very very ill.

See I have been having a problem sleeping. And when I mean bad, its really really bad. Lately I have not been able to sleep for longer than 15 minutes at a time, and of the course of the whole night, if you accumulate all of the short sleep visits, It averages out to about an hour and a half per night.

Once I woke up at Bree's house, and quicly went back to my house. I cannot truly describe exactly what is going on, but my entire body ached as if I survived a plane crash. My muscles cannot function at normal speed, and my head fills as if someone replaced my brain with a jelly donut. But i came home and crashed again. I woke up every few hours, because everyone and their mother kept calling me. At one point I decided to answer my phone, but I couldn't move very well, and the weight of the room made me feel as though I was trying to walk on Jupiter, which gravitational force is six times greater than Earth. What was unquestionably worse was the feeling in my head. My brain is functioning on such a low level, that I was having an extremely difficult time putting a dish into the dishwasher. Every movement and gesture has to be calculated. Like, pick up dish, turn on faucet, wash off debris, turn off faucet, move hands to open dishwasher, put dish away, close dishwasher, pick right leg up and step forward, and then follow with the same procedure with my left leg. This is about how I am functioning at the moment.

Mollie and V, called me numerous times throughout the day, but I didn't answer because I was, well, incapacitated. I called them back eventually, and when they found out how I was feeling, they both came over to take care of me. Those two girls are so wonderful to me, and it makes me so glad that they are going to be my roommates. They stayed with me all throughout the night, then they decided to go back to Mollie's place to watch a movie, but under no circumstance would I be allowed to stay at my house without company.

I have found a way to sleep, but as in everything else in the world, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I realized what my illness is last night though. My entire nervous system is starting to shut down, like a nuclear power plant that is about to have a meltdown. My muscles are having difficulty contracting, and my brain cannot perform multiple tasks at any given moment. My brain is shutting down and it is not providing my body with enought electricity to keep it running. Oh, when I woke up to grab something to eat I was waiting to passout and fall into a coma. I mean that quite literally, I was afraid that if I fell back down, I was never going to wake up again.

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Yes, your analogy of the powerplant sounds perfectly appropriate, but it isn't something to worry about. The guys in the plant shut things down to prevent the meltdown. It's the meltdown itself that would be the big bad thing that would worry me.

You take some down time, and turn things back on when you're ready. It's a much healthier alternative to an actual meltdown. It's just your brain protecting itself from further trauma. I take it as a good sign that your defense systems are still operational.

I Can't wait til your power grid comes back online. :-)

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home